What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file transferred from a web server to your web browser or hard drive when you visit a website. If your web browser is configured to accept cookies, they will be stored in the web browser or hard drive until the expiration date has passed or until you delete the cookies yourself.
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within your computer’s browser itself. Cookies are accessible and saved by the websites you visit, and by companies that display their advertisements on websites, so that they can recognize the browser. Websites can only access cookies that they have stored on your computer.
- Use of the website: to help us recognize your browser as that of a previous visitor and to save the preferences you determined during your previous visit to the website avistel.fr. For example, we may save your login information so that you do not have to log in each time you visit avistel.fr;
- Social networks: to check if you are connected to service levels (Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.);
- Targeting: to allow us to target (emailing, basic enrichment) a posteriori or in real time the Internet user who browses avistel.fr;
- Audience measurement: to monitor statistical data on our website avistel.fr visits (i.e. the use made of the website by users and to improve the website’s services) and to help us measure and study the effectiveness of our online interactive content , its characteristics, advertisements and other communications.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies and Web Beacons
You have the choice to configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, inform you when a cookie is issued, its validity period and its content, as well as allow you to refuse its registration in your terminal, and delete your cookies periodically.
You can configure your Internet browser to disable cookies. Note, however, that if you disable cookies, your username and password will no longer be saved on any website. For more information on how you can delete and control the cookies stored on your computer, visit the following site: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/en/
How to configure your browser
- Firefox :
- 1. Open Firefox
- 2. Press the “Alt” key
- 3. In the menu at the top of the page click on “Tools” then “Options”
- 4. Select the “Privacy” tab
- 5. In the drop-down menu to the right of “Retention rules”, click “Use custom settings for history”
- 6. A little further down, uncheck “Accept cookies”
- 7. Save your preferences by clicking on “OK”
- Internet Explorer :
- 1. Open Internet Explorer
- 2. In the “Tools” menu, select “Internet Options”
- 3. Click on the “Confidentiality” tab
- 4. Click on “Advanced” and uncheck “Accept”
- 5. Save your preferences by clicking on “OK”
- Google Chrome :
- 1. Open Google Chrome
- 2. Click on the tools icon in the menu bar
- 3. Select “Options”
- 4. Click on the “Advanced options” tab
- 5. In the “Cookie settings” drop-down menu, select “select all cookies”
- Safari :
- 1. Open Safari
- 2. In the menu bar at the top, click on “Safari”, then “Preferences”
- 3. Select the “Security” icon
- 4. Next to “Accept cookies”, check “Never”
- 5. If you want to see the cookies that are already saved on your computer, click on “Show cookies”